Thursday, May 22, 2008

Never good bye because I will see you all again!

I was thinking about this post for a while already. For the last 2 months, I was thinking about me leaving, wanting to postpone it, not believing that actually ONE YEAR "flied" so fast!

I was at the point when I did not want to leave as I felt comfortable here, then I decided that I have to move on and to accept reality :) and now I am very excited about going home, spending a great summer with my family, planning my future...

While trying to sum up what Latvia meant for me, I decided to gather pictures...then I had thoughts in my mind...so I made up a nice movie...a THANK YOU movie...but still, it does not say how much this year changed ME!

Some of the things I did here and some learnings I had:
- first time to fly by plane:)
- first time in Baltics :) and Latvia :)
- first time to live alone in a flat
- first time to speak English all day long :)
- first time to live in another country for a longer period than 2 months
- first time away from family for more than 2 months :)
- first time to work in a National Board in AIESEC and in a multicultural team
- first time to roll into the snow in February after staying in a sauna for some 2 hours
- first time to swim in the Baltic Sea
- first time to visit a lot of coutries: Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Poland, Turkey (Istanbul was my favourite!)
- meeting incredible people and making friends from all around the world
- making connections that matter :)
- enjoying each moment, learning how NOT to PLAN everything! Especially free time :)
- incredible parties and weekends spent with volunteers :) and lots of sleeping on the floor, lots of beer, lots of crazy moments, lots of fun!
- enjoying culture shock and learning from it
- enjoying friendship and bonding with Alisa and Danny
- enjoying ups and downs :) and learning how it is to feel alone in a world of unknown people :)
- feeling like home in a totally new country, culture, with new language...

But in the end, I lived my year at great intensity, I enjoyed the people, the moments, the places...and I leave now home a bit more mature, a bit more confident, a bit stronger! I wish you all the challenge of being alone in the world :) it damn helps a lot!

Watch the movie for more insights on my Latvian experience. Also, almost all my pictures are uploaded in my album (http://picasaweb.google.com/anca.silaghi):






I am not saying good bye, but SEE YOU SOON Latvia!!!
Bucas and Ata!

No comments: