Friday, May 16, 2008

Be a day starter!

This week’s focus: At home

My wife, Dawn, usually wakes up before I do. Sometimes she wakes up by alarm, and other times by the gentle tugging of one of our two little girls, Eliana (5) and Ariela (4). Then around 6:30a.m., it’s my turn. This is how I wake up: Dawn hugs me and whispers good morning until I wake up. It’s a beautiful way to begin a day; I am loved awake. Dawn starts my day.

And then I continue the cycle. I step out of bed and head upstairs to my little girls’ rooms. I quietly walk into their bedrooms and wake them up with a big hug. It is one of my favorite parts of the day. I start their day.

How do you wake up in the morning? What is your first interaction of the day? What do you do and say when you first see someone in the morning?

Be A Day Starter in Your Family

If you’re not already beginning your day as warmly and positively as you can, be a Day Starter for one week: When you wake up in the morning express your love with your words and your actions.

If you normally complain right after you get up, express your love first. If you have to begin your day with a cup of coffee in the morning, do it after you have hugged and kissed everyone (And if you don’t normally hug and kiss your family, let me know what impact it has on your life when you do.). Suspend your normal wake-up habits for one week. Be a Day Starter at home.

Be A Day Starter with Your Roommates

If you live with roommates, be the first to greet everyone. Be the first to smile. Make the coffee. Offer to make their breakfast when you make yours. Demonstrate your interest in them. Start their day.

Be A Day Starter if You Live Alone

And if you live alone, call someone you care about. Email a kind note to a friend. Exercise with friends, or grab a cup of coffee with them. Start someone’s day.

Invite Your Family and Friends to Join You

And if you want your family or friends to join you on your journey, send this post along to them.

Have a great week, and let me know how it goes.

(taken from David Pollay blog, http://www.davidjpollay.typepad.com/)



Even if I live alone, I will take his advice! Thanks!

No comments: