Monday, March 17, 2008

Cleaning-up Riga

This weekend was really amazing. I felt like I can do again something for the environment I am leaving in.

Maggie, German volunteer in Riga, initiated the project concerning Cleaning-up Riga!
So we gathered around 12 volunteers and some Latvians (small number I would say) to clean up a region of the capital city :). Maggie chose for this the bank of Daugava, the river crossing through the city. it was really awful view and we did a great job I think! We collected 50 bags of rubbish and we left a much cleaner place to walk on.

For me, this is not the first experience of working with cleaning the environment but it is the first one I do abroad. So it was very cool to see that volunteers from France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands and Romania :) caring for the city of Riga, not our country at all. I wish only we could have made this more public so more people join us. Otherwise, I feel that Latvians do not care so much, or at least the ones we asked :)...

You can see some pictures below and more in my album!
Hope to make this public, trying to put it now in some newspapers!

Enjoy clean environment and don't trow away rubbish!







No comments: