Friday, November 9, 2007

First visit in Ventspils!

Finally, I got to visit Ventspils. Second LC in Latvia, actually still an IG.
The city is a harbour at the Baltic Sea. A nice small city of 10 000 inhabitants. Nice university, close to the sea, nice and welcoming people, a new perspective on AIESEC there...this is what I experienced.

The city itself is not as small and not interesting as people described it for me. I actually liked it.
The people are very nice, they thank you and greet you, the streets are the ones from small towns, the sea is so close! For me it is totally unusual to go to the sea in the middle of autumn and to get there in 10 minutes! Well, I guess it is because I leave at 16 hours by train to the Black Sea in Romania.

I also got some new extra activities in my portofolio..I went to a basketball game. It was so cool to see the energy, joy and frustration on the supporters faces, to observe teamwork in the players and to decide once more that sports should be a part of our daily life not only because it keeps you fit, but it refreshes your all activities. Thank you Lasma for taking me there and taking so good care of me!

In general, I liked the visit and I also got some results that I hope AIESEC Ventspils will capitalize on! Inviting you to read more about the city at www.ventspils.lv.

Hugs from the MC flat...

No comments: