Saturday, December 27, 2008

I wish...

Is it true that, in the past days, most of you took a sheet of paper and started thinking about what you wanna do next year? I guessed so!

I have always been a big fan of planning, structure, being organized, keeping track! Well, it seems that lately I have come to forget why we should do all this! And I stopped doing it, as I saw it overwhelming, suffocating!

Still, today I could not resist the temptation of evaluating my last year and drawing up plans for the next one. I came to the conclusion that it is more than an interesting process, as it is a truly self-discovery one. You realize that you've done half of your plans, but still you dream high and decide on high goals for the year to come!

When I look at myself, still, I see that for me 2008 was an excellent year! I enjoyed the diversity in it, I enjoyed the changes, I enjoyed me changing. I enjoyed each and every person I met and who enriched me! I enjoyed the discoveries I made alone! I enjoyed the loneliness, but also the busy, hectic times! I enjoyed travelling, having fun, doing crazy and original things! I enjoyed a year I DID NOT plan for it to be like this! Maybe that is why I enjoyed it so much! Maybe that is why I learnt so much out of it all!

And you might wonder then, what do I wish for 2009? Did I plan anything?
And I should say YES! This time, I decided to plan in advance my future steps and to take decisions more consciously! My "resolutions" for the new year do not fill in 10 pages of my diary, but are very simple: I'll have most probably a very professional year, focusing on my work and getting the most I can for my future career! All this, while enjoying Paris and beautiful people around!

And if I would continue the title of the post, I'd just say: I wish...you were here!

Happy new year! May next year be the best for you, in the way you dream it, in the way you feel it! Just follow your heart!

No comments: