Monday, December 1, 2008

1 month already...am I becoming more and more "Parisienne"?

“It has been already more than 1 month since I arrived in Paris. I feel that it has been more than some months! Time passes fast and many things around me changed! I live a totally different life than the student life or even than my times in Latvia! The effort and expectations are much bigger! Now I have to prove what I am capable of! Now the “real life” starts!

The internship is a great opportunity for me! To make it clear (as everyone is asking me about it), I work for Alcatel-Lucent, the global communications provider company. I work in the Human Resources department on a certain project. More exactly, the company wants to become smarter and more efficient, to cut costs and to reduce unnecessary workforce in the HR field. So, they are implementing a Global Information System called myHR. As part of this project, they will transfer their administrative HR transactions to something called a Service Center, located in Timisoara (for the region of Europe, Middle East and Africa). Now, where do I come in? I will be the link between the countries and this Service Center, supporting both in the process of transferring knowledge and learning from each other. Mostly, I have to make sure that the Service Center is able to answer questions about HR processes and procedures to the requests of employees! Did anyone get it? If not, comment and I will explain more :)

So I have a huge job and responsibility and do not know yet HOW I am going to deliver it or where to start even! But yeah, I have to admit that the environment and the colleagues are the best to learn from! The feeling of working in the headquarters of a company is totally unbelievable! You get to feel the speed and the fast pace, to be around the best of the best, to learn from the best! I can say that for sure my internship will lift me up and I want to take advantage of every opportunity to learn as much as I can from everyone!
In my next post, find out about my impressions on France and Paris and about what else I have been doing except for working :). And yes, now I have internet at home, so I will be more active. For pictures, check facebook :)

Till then, Happy 1st of December for Romanians – read here more about why this is the National Day of Romania -
http://www.tripolipost.com/articledetail.asp?c=1&i=2586

And enjoy also the song of the week:



Mircea Baniciu - Magazinul de vise
Asculta mai multe audio Muzica »

No comments: