Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wow, long time since I posted something here!

It has been at least 2 weeks since I wanted to sit down and write up here. I seemed to never have enough time or the right thoughts to do it!

I wanna tell you a bit about my adventure in Lithuania. I went there for a week, to visit Vilnius and Danny and also to facilitate in the OPS track in Synergy. I was waiting for some time to decide which of the cities in the Baltics I like the most, and I stick to RIGA-TALLIN-VILNIUS (in this order). Vilnius is nice, but somehow it is nothing special :). I enjoyed the most the castle from where you can see all the city. We had very interesting weather...snow, sun, rain...al in 3 hours!

What I enjoyed the most actually was getting together with Alisa and Danny, connecting again, sharing, talking about life, speaking in Romanian again :) and noticing how much strange accent we got in our native language! It made me realise once more how much I care for them and ...well, how lost I am for my plans for the future. Thanks guys for your words of help! Hope to decide soon to fly on another continent :)

Synergy was...different :). I enjoyed analyzing my personal experience and understanding where I am in my cultural exercise :) I enjoyed working with Danny, Alisa, Egle and Elin. Really loved our teamwork! Wish you a great year as I know how interesting it will be for each of you :)

As it is for me, I have been having since then working hours, sleepless nights, parties with volunteers (crazy party in Gulbene), a wonderful Kick Off (full of memories, inspiration, dreams, challenges, worries, feelings).

I have now 45 days left from an incredible journey in Latvia. I have Easter with my sister and Ivan coming to see Riga and me, I have NPC, visiting Dobele with Evita I hope, a free weekend with my MC team I hope to say good bye, some 2 parties with other volunteers, good bye parties (on 17th with volunteers and on 30th with AIESEC people)....

I never thought Latvia would be a home for me :) and that it would be so hard to leave!

But now I am focusing my mind on the future and what I am doing next...so searching for an internship! I wanna fly on another continent..so if you have suggestions, shoot!

Enjoy spring and check pictures from my trips in my album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/anca.silaghi

4 comments:

alexandru toma said...

Ivan Roglic din Macedonia?:)
pai depinde pe ce continent vrei draga.
Eu iti recomand ASIA.Dar dupa o vara in Romania pentru ca trebuie sa recuperezi:)
Ce zici de un tur al Romaniei when you're back:D

romeo said...

Anca... nice post..

It's really nice to hear from you that Latvia is your home.

good luck in your internship.
Hugs Romeo

Anca now you are:
Anca at a Global level. :)

Anca said...

Asa este, am devenit...the citizen of the world :) si ma simt tare bine asa!

Iar despre continent...inca nu renunt la Europa caci Franta e visul meu!

Tur al Romaniei, Alex, probabil ca voi face!

Iar Romeo, de ce-mi scrii in engleza? :P

va tzuc pe amandoi!

alexandru toma said...

Anca dear hai la conferinta aia in Timisoara.
www.iswint.ro E super tare..Vezi ca dl de aplicare pana in mai.
Nu stiu exact.

Pai ai putea sa faci o vacanta in Franta la vara. :)
Daca totusi faci un tur al Romaniei da si mie un semn. :)

Ma simt de la PBox Conference the citizen of the world. IN AIESEC am descoperit acest lucru si pe urma s-a continuat cu alte experiente interesante de care am avut parte in the real life.

Am fost la o conferinta in Germania unde au fost 400 de studenti din 80 de tari. M-am simtit la un mini IC:) Lucru tare era ca din 400 de delegati stiam 100 de nume:)

te pup Anca! Nu uita sa te bucuri la maximum de ultima luna in Letonia.