Sunday, December 23, 2007

Finally back in Romania for holidays!

First time to write after getting back home, in Romania. I am here for 3 weeks for my winter holidays!

I arrived a week ago, in Budapest, in the airport. My parents were waiting for me. I was home last time in July, so they missed me a lot :). After hugging me a lot and asking me how I am and so on, we finally took the car heading towards Oradea, my hometown. It was great to see again the place where I grew up and to hear all the people speaking an understandable language :).

What is strange a little bit...well, I was waiting for someone to sell me the ticket in the bus, then to separate the garbage as we do it in our MC flat, to have bearable trips with the car without jumping all the time because of the stupid roads...and some others:)

Mostly, Romania is not very different from what I left here in June...the same city, the same traffic, the same roads being built all the time, the same smell of pollution :), the same Christmas decorations and all in all, the same city!

What I discovered is in the end that I don't need any thoughts or preparation to come back home, as initially I was thinking a lot how will I adapt...but everything is almost the same! (ah, they modernized the train station...that was the only wow )....

It is still hard to come back, even if to visit...everybody you know is just somewhere where you cannot reach or handling his/her own business...everybody goes on with his/her life :) but this is all about life right? But then, who really matters in life?

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas and good luck when reviewing the year that ends!

1 comment:

Adrien said...

aha it is exactly the same feeling that i have right now after my experience in Latvia.I think that it will be the same for everybody more or less, somehow we changed but our environement stay the same. 7 month it is long but also it is short.

:) Frenchy